The National Federation of Tenant Management Organisations (NFTMO) is a national voluntary membership organisation. Our main purpose is to facilitate networking and support for TMOs in England and to promote community control as an option within regeneration initiatives and in areas of greatest need.
The NFTMO was founded in 1992 and now has over 130 TMOs in membership. We have an executive committee that includes 21 community representatives from all parts of the country. The Federation employs one part time paid co-ordinator but otherwise all of the Federation’s work depends on voluntary effort.
We provide a range of services. For example we:-
- promote and facilitate the exchange of experience and ideas between tenant management organisations and like-minded community initiatives.
- identify and share examples of good practice and excellence – sometimes through good practice guides and publications.
- provide this web-site
- publish and distribute 3,000 free copies of a TMO magazine.
- organise regional networking events and a national conference
- administer a TMO Benchmarking Network that enables TMOs to compare their own effectiveness with other communities and to learn from those who are getting better results.
- Administer the TMO Good Governance Kite Mark
- promote and provide training through an annual programme of events
The NFTMO is registered as a company limited by guarantee (registration number 4973782)